Sunday 29 July 2012

Time to get Totally Naked!



The legendary and exclusive Urban Decay Naked palette has become a necessary kit essential for some time now. When it was available in stores I, much like many people I presume, believed that the hype surrounding it was sheer ludicrous and impossible, especially as the palette only held two matte eyeshadows and the rest shimmer.I mean what could the Naked palette offer me that many other companies, including Urban Decay's other palettes, could not. When I finally mustered up the courage to buy it (£36 in the UK), it was completely sold out. I left it at that and wasn't too miffed if I am honest. But then Bloggers and beauty gurus a like proclaimed the palette to be the holy grail of all palette's. Naturally my interest grew again and Urban Decay, instead of releasing the original Naked palette, released its sequel Naked 2 with equally the same number of shimmer and matte eyeshadows. I didn't bother with buying this as the original palette still held my somewhat forgotten interest. I soon realized what a mammoth task it was too find a neutral eyeshadow palette that was highly pigmented and affordable. My thoughts turned to the discontinued Naked palette once more and I realized that I could possibly have been wrong about the lack of matte shades ruining the whole idea behind the palette.


  After months and months, of scouring the internet and phone calls to stockists desperately trying to get my hands on the palette, I luckily came across a dream of a newly listed blog sale. I didn't think twice and bought the palette minus the 24/7 dual whiskey and zero pencil. Finally! When I received the package, I felt like a little kid at Christmas (or something like that!), I ripped it open, admired the velvety smooth case and merely stared at the gorgeous shades in front of me. Later I found out that UD had decided to restock the palette. Just my luck!
  After a few days I noticed that the shimmery shades were not unwearable and could be worn on a normal day out. The textures are creamy and have a buttery feel to them. With the primer potion you are nearly guaranteed staying power. Each shade manages to complement the other. And the eyeshadow arrangement isn't random either. However, as is common with most Urban Decay eyeshadows, there tends to be a bit of fall-out from excess shadow on to the under-eye area. Not a huge problem as it can be wiped away with a bit of foundation. But a hindrance all the same. Though the shimmery shades are just that, shimmery, they can be very subtle and worn to work, the office etc. Virgin and Sin are the perfect highlighters. Darkhorse is a completely unique shade the is stunning through the crease.Though I thought the hype around the Naked Palette was misleading at first, I realized I just suffered from a case called ignorance.


Swatches :
(L-R) Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, Buck, Half-Baked


(L-R) Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep, Gunmetal













No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment